Soon to come will be a video on how easy installation can be. For now please follow these 9 easy steps to get an idea of just how simple it is.
LeisureTech recommends installation by an A-BUS certified installer in your area. Please visit our locator to help find the closest one in your area.
Step 1: A-BUS Dataline DL-8 Cable
• Pre-wire star pattern from distribution
point to each module location.
• Label each cable with destination name.
• One RJ-45 socket per Module at distribution point.
Step 2: Terminate to T568A using 110 punch down depending on module
• Terminate the DL-8 cable following the colour-code as per the T568A standard.
• N.B. LeisureTech recommends using a Certified A-BUS Installer for all installation work.
Step 3: A-BUS Low-Loss Speaker Cable
• Run A-BUS approved “Low Loss” speaker cable from module location to speaker locations.
• If using Andrew’s Audio SP-250, pull two runs, one to each speaker.
Step 4: A-BUS Module Speaker Cable
• Terminate Low-Loss Speaker cable to screw terminals.
• Do not attach module to wall until final system test.
Step 5: A-BUS Module DL-8 Cable
• Terminate DL-8 cable according to colour code using 110 punch down tool depending on module.
Step 6: Connecting Audio Sources
• Connect the Audio Input to the RCA Input on your A-BUS Hub.
• The audio input will come from:
- CD or Tuner audio out
- Zone 2 out or Tape-out from AV receiver
Step 7: A-BUS Hub DL-8 Cable
• The outputs of the A-BUS Hub are then connected via patch leads terminated with RJ-45 jacks (to T568A) to the relative sockets on the distribution wallplate.
Step 8: A-BUS Hub Power Supply
Once all other connections are made, the power supply can be connected to the A-BUS Hub.
Step 9: Final Installation
A final check of the A-BUS Module should be carried out, including the setting of the input levels on the back of the Module, before it is screwed onto the wall.